Journey toward a non-traditional wedded bliss, with vintage retro style...
Wedding bridal season is among us and upcoming Autumn will hold true delightful weddings! If you or someone dear to you is getting married, then let's celebrate with one of my favorite rites of passage.. the bridal trousseaux.
In the 19th century, a "wedding trousseaux" was considered a big thing. Being very costly and consisting of a number of new gowns, dresses, hats, petticoat slips, chemises, lingerie, corset covers, stockings, nightdresses, peignoirs, and panties. The women folk in the bride-to-be family would work for months and months prior to the big day, painstakingly tatting, crocheting, knitting, lace-making, and stitching on billows of white cotton and fine silk. The blushing bride-to-be would also receive heirlooms for her soon to be home in her bridal wedding trousseaux, including fine linens, cooking utensils, and home decorative items like vases, candlesticks, bowls, china, etc.
Today, the modern want to be vintage retro bride, is lucky enough to have bridal registries take care of the boring household items, but you can still give a lovely gift of to ad to her trousseaux to the want to be vintage/retro bride to be in a modern way. Seek out vintage lovely pieces to gift her at her bridal shower, to wear on her wedding night and to surprise her new husband during their honeymoon. She'll be delighted to treat herself, too!
- Honeymoon lingerie: chemise or nightgown of silk or satin, pretty panties, and a long robe of silk or satin. Think VINTAGE STYLE Victoria Secret. Nothing trashy, but pure classy. You can shop on eBay for Victoria's Secret vintage lingerie and nightgowns. How about a vintage chiffon bridal set?
- Pajama sets: Satin drawstring long pajamas pants with matching camisole, satin with lace embellishments.
- Marabou furry boudoir slippers shoes
- Cozy vintage chenille robe
- Lovely matching bra and panty sets, be sure not too sleazy, but sexy.
- Camisoles and dainty boxer shorts
- Vintage lacy garter belt
- Nylon stockings
- Vintage Babydoll chemises in flirty chiffon
- Manicure set
- Pampering beauty products: lotions, hand cream, body butters, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, face care set
- Personal toiletries such as vintage hairbrush, comb, silver hand held mirror, boudoir items, vintage perfume bottles, etc.
- Or a vintage garter like the one below
The bride to be delighted and feel so special and so will her soon to be hubby ;)
Wishing you and yours a wonderful wedding season. :)
vintage wedding, retro style wedding, bridal trousseaux, bridal trousseau, vintage lingerie, ebay,